• Potato and cauliflower ‘schiacciatine’ flatbreads
• Gnocchi alla romana (with a tomato and onion sauce)
• Lamb alla Cacciatora, “the Hunter’s way”
• Sweet and sour peppers with seasonal green leaves
• Bittersweet puntarelle or sautéed chicory
• Chocolate tart with bitter orange coulis
Refined selection of local wines
To start off this journey through the flavours of the Eternal City, Maria Laura and Amanda serve up potato and cauliflower ‘schiacciatine’ flatbreads, followed by one of the capital’s most classic dishes, Gnocchi alla Romana. These discs of semolina are accompanied by a fresh tomato and onion sauce.
For the second course, they turn to a traditional meat dish, which can be made with either chicken, rabbit or lamb according to taste. The chosen meat is cooked in ‘cacciatora’ style, (the hunter’s way), and is accompanied by ‘sweet and sour’ peppers with sautéed chicory, or bittersweet chicory.
Time for dessert. Maria Laura and Amanda serve an indulgent chocolate tart with bitter orange coulis, a fabulous sauce that brings this Roman Taste Experience to the perfect conclusion.